My work is a pioneering, Canadian-led team effort of more than three decades that strengthens healthcare systems worldwide, using health as a bridge to peace. I am working today with my colleagues on the same global projects and programs as we have done almost constantly for the past many years, demonstrating the unique global value of the Canada International Scientific Exchange Program (CISEPO). CISEPO’s strength is in the meaningful projects and high-impact programs created for our partners abroad and the societies and cultures that they represent. These include telehealth initiatives, exchanges here in Canada, and CISEPO’s on-the-ground activities in the health sector. We bring together the public sector and schools of medicine and public health across the globe.
Our work is consistent with and elevates the Ashoka mission through the creation of a large cadre of changemakers in Canada and abroad. We empower these young health professionals to grow the network and build a better world through education and professional development within our social contract.
- Arnold was awarded the Canadian Red Cross Power of Humanity Award for the work of CISEPO in 2004.
- In 2005, he was given the Canadian Society for International Health (CSIH) 2005 Lifetime Achievement Award.
- He received the University of Toronto’s Ludwik and Estelle Jus Memorial Human Rights Prize in 2009.
- In 2012, Arnold Noyek was recognized at the Arnold Noyek Tribute Dinner, and one of the presentations was a video message from Prince Firas of Jordan, who commended Dr. Noyek as a man with "an unparalleled passion for his work and career."
- In 2013, he was appointed an Officer of the Order of Canada, one of the country's highest civilian honours.