*Reimbursements are available for all candidates to cover panel related expenses like domestic travel, accommodation, and food. Candidates can also bring a parent or adult ally during the visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
I submitted my nomination. What happens next?
Based on where you live, we will notify you once the next round of applications for Ashoka Young Changemakers is available in your country. You will be notified several weeks in advance before the deadline through the email provided on the nomination form.
Is a nomination require to apply to the program?
No! Nominations are not required to apply to be an Ashoka Young Changemaker. Nomination forms are simply an expression of interest before applications open in your country.
I submitted my nomination a few weeks ago, but a lot has changed since then. What do I do?
Awesome! You can update your nomination by re-nominating yourself with additional information. In the description, reference your previous nomination, so the reviewer knows to look for multiple submissions. You can also wait and provide a full update in your written application once applications are open for the next cohort in your country. Please note, nominations are not required for applying to the program.
Is there a fee associated with the program?
No! There is no fee or cost to apply or participate in the Ashoka Young Changemaker program.
What happens after selection?
The panel and Ashoka will invite a select group to become Ashoka Young Changemakers. You are inducted into a global community and gain access to co-leadership bootcamps, media partnerships, public speaking platforms, exposure visits, strategic allies and more opportunities to grow yourself and to influence youth culture in your country.
Every Ashoka Young Changemaker is tasked with the responsibility of co-leading the Everyone a Changemaker movement. As a co-leader, you can drive existing Ashoka initiatives for young people or come up with new ideas to fuel the movement.
- Be a peer ally to other young people and help kick-start their changemaking journeys
- Engage with top social entrepreneurs and thought leaders
- Create opportunities within your own venture for other young people to step up and lead change
- Speak at reputed public platforms and share your story through media partnerships
- Influence your school/community to trust in youth to lead
- Build partnerships to start and scale effective solutions that can end the new inequality
- Access resources and networks to achieve greater impact
- Come up with your own ideas to fuel the movement and test them in a supportive community
What does an Ashoka Young Changemaker look like?
Explore the profiles and featured stories of our global community of Ashoka Young Changemakers. See More>