As a non-profit organization, Ashoka (“Ashoka,” “us” or “we”) depends on its donors to accomplish our mission of creating an “Everyone a Changemaker” world. We are grateful for the support of our donors and are committed to maintaining their trust and respecting their privacy.
2. What Data is collected?
3. How is Personal Data used?
Ashoka will use Personal Data collected from Donors for the following purposes:
- Processing donations;
- Distributing donation receipts;
- Sending donation confirmations and acknowledgments;
- Internal analysis and record keeping;
- Contacting Donors about changes in policy; and
- Adding to marketing and fundraising campaigns only if the Donor opts in.
*Credit card information is used only for donation or payment processing and is not retained for other purposes.*
4. Who has Access to the Data Provided When Donating?
We do not share or sell Donors’ Personal Data to any other organizations unless a donor has granted us specific permission to do so, nor do we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. We use third-party service providers to securely process credit card transactions.
5. How Long Will Ashoka Retain Your Information?
If you donate to us through the Site, we will keep your payment information to process your payment and to enable us to appropriately process, settle, refund, or charge-back transactions, as well as to help identify fraud and to comply with anti-money laundering and other laws and rules that apply to us and to our financial service providers.
If you later decide that you do not want such information stored, you may contact us at [email protected] and we will coordinate with the processor to remove such information.