The Ashoka Support Network is a global community of successful business people who share our belief that entrepreneurs are the primary engine for economic and social development. They engage with Ashoka, committing time and resources to support the work of social entrepreneurs.
ASN members are business entrepreneurs, top executives, investment bankers, venture capitalists, and consultants from Europe, the US, South America, India and beyond, as our network rapidly expands.
"I joined ASN and support Ashoka because I believe that Social Entrepreneurs are the cornerstone required to create social change for the better. Smart money needs to support those driven individuals who are willing to try and move mountains."
— Peter Sweatman, Director, Climate Change Capital
"Why join the ASN, what to do when you join ": 2-pager presentation of the ASN to new audiences (download )
"Quick Guide to the ASN ": membership guide describing engagement opportunities (download )
Consider joining ASN if:
- You are enjoying the rewards of a successful business career and wish to give back to society
- You have experience creating change and achieving impact, and wish to apply this knowledge to your philanthropic endeavors
- You are frustrated with the traditional opportunities for philanthropic engagement
- You want to transmit your entrepreneurial and social values to your family
- You recognize that social entrepreneurship plays a crucial role in tackling social problems
As an ASN member you will have the opportunity to:
- Get personally involved with leading social entrepreneurs in your country or abroad, acting as a coach or consultant, facilitating introductions, etc.
- Take part in Ashoka field trips to Fellow sites that will open a new understanding of the societies in which they work
- Be part of a global community of like-minded business professionals
What do we expect from ASN members?
- A three-year financial commitment of a minimum of US$10,000 (actual amount may vary by region)
- Willingness to share your skills, experience and personal relations with Ashoka fellows
- Commitment to being part of and expanding our ASN network
Ashoka has always found inspiration in business entrepreneurship and has pioneered its translation into the social realm. Through ASN we are creating an entrepreneurial community that builds business-social bridges through people. In five years we will have:
- Built a network of 1000 business entrepreneurs and professionals around the globe to support and engage with our rapidly expanding network of almost 3,000 social entrepreneurs
- Created a vibrant community for learning and sharing to achieve social impact
- Redefined the terms of engagement between the business and social realms