Pillar II : Support to early-stage social entrepreneurs
The second Pillar of this program aims at building a solid pipeline of social entrepreneurs in Latin America and the Caribbean, with a special focus on SDC priority countries, starting with 20 new Ashoka Fellows. All candidates must comply with the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) criteria. The infograph below depicts their fellowship journey once these new fellows are elected and how we support them on their path.
Meet the 5 Ashoka fellows elected in 2015:
- Carola Capra, Micro entrepreneurs
- Sasha Kramer, SOIL
- Juan Pablo Larenas, Sistema B
- Sebastian Salinas, Balloon
- Alejandro Marius, Trabajo y Persona
Meet the 5 Ashoka fellows elected in 2014:
- Jose Manuel Moller, Algramo
- Peter Bloom, Rhizomatica
- Carlos Atencio, Medicina Familiar
- Emily Stone, Maya Mountain cacao
- Conor Bohan, U help
You can learn more about 8 social entrepreneurs here and watch their videos, which provides deep insights into their work and impact.