Communications Internship Availability
ASHOKA BELGIUM IS LOOKING FOR A COMMUNICATIONS INTERN!
- Time commitment: 6-months internship as from September 2018 (possibility of extension)
- Compensation: 6 months with 400€/month (and transport cost reimbursement) (if extension, 800€/month after 6 first months)
- Location: Ashoka Belgium’s office - Impact House, 20 Rue Joseph II, Brussels
- Application rolling until 22nd of August 2018
- English speaker required
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Belgium to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka Belgium.
Ashoka is best known as the world’s largest network of systems changing social entrepreneurs. Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world that the solutions will outrun the problems. Launched in 1981, Ashoka now has a network of over 3,500 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 250+ Changemaker Schools, and 35+ Changemaker Campuses - as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com. Ashoka is working with this network to educate and empower young people with the skills to create and drive positive solutions. Please check http://www.ashoka.org for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Do you live in the digital sphere? Are you the first to hear about the next big thing in social enterprise? We are looking for a tech-savvy, creative Communications Intern to join our team at Ashoka BE. We’re keen to find someone to provide ongoing core support to all aspects of Ashoka’s internal and external communications and events. We’d love to hear from you if you love social entrepreneurship, education and innovation!
This role involves working on Ashoka BE’s key communications campaigns, helping with marketing materials, supporting with social media content, organising events, as well as interacting with our international and Belgian Fellows and Changemaker Schools.
Our new team member will ideally have experience in the social sector and a personal track record of taking the lead. We expect her/him to be as excited as we are to build Ashoka’s community in Belgium!
MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS (90%):
- Work with the programme managers on a global internal and external communication strategy (target, contents, tonality, etc.)
- Create and integrate the best supports:
- Create integrated media campaigns, on topics ranging from youth entrepreneurship to social innovation, business alliances, and online competitions with corporate partners.
- Design and develop marketing materials for all Ashoka’s work, programmes and events
- Ashoka BE’s website: make recommendations on the next steps, support with content copywriting, storytelling and editing.
- Oversee the daily Social Media calendar: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube.
- Contents strategy: source, curate and create rich content for Ashoka’s social media channels, e.g. video, image and audio content. Tell our Fellows’ stories & Ashoka’s history.
- Engage the team in our communications efforts, working collegially within Belgium and Europe.
- Support in all Ashoka BE’s events in terms of media, communications, marketing and logistics.
- Supervise all logistics linked to Communications and Marketing.
- Public Relations Strategy: define the basic toolkit for medias and the pool of medias we could work with.
- Support the team with database management on Salesforce
- Support the team with general admin
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven interest for social entrepreneurship
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record in producing high quality written materials (in at least 2 languages)
- Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Organised and very detail-oriented
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French
- Keen to develop and create communication material for Ashoka BE
- Ability to represent Ashoka during events
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Advanced skills in InDesign
- Gain valuable project management skills for the non-profit sector
- Enjoy flexible working hours and multitasking responsibilities
- Meet, share and learn from the large network of key changemaker leaders: social entrepreneurs from around the world, national and international corporations and foundations
- Gain invaluable insights into the social enterprise sector
- Work in an international work environment
- Space for creativity and reinventing solution
- Work with a young and dynamic team
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this role will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the 22nd August. We recommend applying as soon as possible with a CV and cover letter, exclusively via email to Clara Bardiau at [email protected] and at [email protected]. For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us at the same addresses.