On Thursday 23rd of February, we had the pleasure of welcoming 240 people to the Belgian Avant-Premiere of Une Idée Folle at the Theatre du Vaudeville. We were lucky to have the director Judith Grumbach among us, as well as teachers, parents, students and other enthusiastic stakeholders. It was an inspiring evening, full of passionate exchanges and talks about reinventing education. The night ended on a hopeful and optimistic note.
The 80 minutes’ documentary, directed by Judith Grumbach and co-produced by Ashoka and Horizons Productions, is filmed in nine Changemaker Schools across France and raises the question of the role of education in the 21st century. As they cultivate the skills of empathy, creativity, cooperation, leadership and critical thinking, the teachers in these schools have one dream: to help train a future generation changemakers and equip young people with the tools to positively transform the society that surrounds them. Une Idée Folle sheds light on these pioneering establishments that are challenging our current education system and empowering young people to take the lead in creating a better future.
If you have missed the avant-première and would like to see the documentary, there are many projections coming up in Belgium:
- Ancre des Familles, Epicerie, Rue du Ruisseau 17, Molenbeek: 30th of March
- Projections planned in April at Cinéma des Galeries, Galerie de la Reine 26, Brussels
- Cité Miroir, Place Xavier-Neujean 22, 4000 Liège:19th of April at 7pm
- Ecole Marcel Thiry à Mehagne, 40 au Passou, 4053 Embourg (Mehagne): 27th of April at 8pm
- Cinéma Le Foyer, 6 place Saint-Etienne, Habay-La-Vieille: 4th of May at 8pm
- Ecole des petits Chemins, Petit théâtre de Forzée, Rue du Bonnier 12, Rochefort firstname.lastname@example.org: 4th of May at 7.30 pm
- Cinéma Nos Loisir, 34 rue Léon Colleaux, 6762 Virton: 30th of May at 3.30pm for students and at 8pm for the greater public