The Spinney Primary School
The Spinney School’s mission is "Teaching and Learning Together" and we deliver our offer through a rich creative and connected curriculum. We describe ourselves as #Pagmaticians - training for the test and teaching for life! We encourage our pupils to make positive human, mental and emotional connections through a number of different programmes such as mindfulness, kindness, compassion, arts, drama, mathematics, reading and writing.
We are a forward thinking and outward reaching school, keen to engage with other CM schools, schools in our locality and beyond, researchers, parents, businesses etc. to explore innovations and synergies to offer young people exciting real world learning opportunities as well as help them to develop the skills to make the world and even better place. Changemaker Initiatives include :
- The Kite Teaching School Alliance - leading an alliance of schools working collaboratively to improve outcomes and opportunities for young people in Cambridgeshire
- My Cambridge - The Spinney co-founded a cross-sector cultural educational partnership with Cambridge Arts and Clture Leaders, Schools, Cambridge City Council, Cambridge University, Anglia Ruskin University and Cambridgeshire County Council
- The Big Read and Write - An innovation in partnership with the Cambridge Literary Festival to deliver a County wide author event and literacy competition to 1000 of pupils across Cambridgeshire
- LEGO therapy and LEGO research - in partnership with the PEDAL Centre
- EmpathyLab - in partnership with Miranda Mckearney OBE, an empathy, literature and social action programme for 4-11 year olds.
- The Cambridgeshire Festival of Education - an annual hopeful and optimistic education festival
- Cambridgeshire Innovation Trust - A new collaborative trust with strong moral purpose underpinned by humane, socially responsible values to benefit young people, educators and communities.
For more information on our school, our alliance, our current or future projects, or if you have ideas for us please do not hesitate to get in contact with Rae Snape - Headteacher/National Leader of Education