Web Designer with Ashoka Changemakers in Arlington, VA
Ashoka Changemakers is an Ashoka program that rapidly accelerates the impact around critical social issues by building and nurturing networks of leading changemakers and empowering these networks to ignite transformational change in their fields. Through our changemakers.com platform we have engaged over 30,000 social innovators in 90 countries.
About the Role
This job puts you on the front lines of Changemakers’ relationship with the thousands of changemakers who visit changemakers.com on an annual basis. In essence, it involves the design, creation and maintenance of our web platforms - which are usually multi-lingual - in a way that creates value for the changemakers, our corporate partners and Ashoka itself. The role also includes interaction with Ashoka offices, Fellows and other network members in order to maintain and create new content. The Designer will work closely with contract web developers and designers, and our web strategy team to create fantastic digital experiences on our platforms.
- Designing wireframes and mockups for various web projects
- Managing implementation of front-end development for webpages on Changemakers.com
- Leading the process of design and development updates and requests for our platforms
- Requesting and posting translations for content in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French
- Gathering, interpreting, making decisions and implementing updates based on analytics and user feedback
- Test and ensure cross browser/platform/mobile compatibility
- 2 - 4 years web design experience that includes graphic design and web design
- Agile methodology experience preferred
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using content management systems (preferred Drupal, Hubspot, Wordpress)
- Must be comfortable building responsive layouts and designs
- Strong communication skills to ensure success in large teams
- Willingness to contribute to both large, complex projects and small tasks as directed
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated commitment to social change
Interested in this particular role? Click on the button below to apply to this opening. Use the subject: Changemakers Web Designer describing why you are interested in this opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your CV. Candidates will be evaluated by Sachin Malhan, Executive Partner and Director of Product, for Ashoka Changemakers.