SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINEE AT ASHOKA BELGIUM
Time commitment: 1 year-internship, as from Summer 2071
Compensation: 6 months with €400 per month + 6 months with €750 per month
Location: Ashoka Belgium’s office: Impact House, 39 rue Ducale, 1000 Brussels
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Belgium to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka Belgium.
Ashoka is best known as the world’s largest network of systems changing social entrepreneurs. Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world that the solutions will outrun the problems. Launched in 1981, Ashoka has a network of over 3,500 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 250+ Changemaker Schools, and 35+ Changemaker Campuses - as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com. Ashoka is working with this network to educate and empower young people with the skills to create and drive positive solutions. Please check http://www.ashoka.org for more details.
Role and Responsibilities
Do you have an eye for the next big thing in social enterprise? Here in the Venture team at Ashoka, we’re identifying Belgium’s most ambitious, effective Changemakers and elect them as Ashoka Fellows. Every year, Ashoka also launches a new Impact Programme where we work with the most important people on the frontline of social change and provide them support to scale their innovation.
The role will be working across teams, supporting the selection of the next Ashoka Fellow as well as supporting the development of the Impact programme. The Venture team focusses on searching and selecting innovating solutions to society’s most pressing issues. The Impact team is collaborating closely with corporate partners to provide promising social innovations with the support and resources they need to scale their idea.
Our new team mate will ideally have experience in the social sector and a personal track record of taking the lead. We hope that they will be as excited as we are to build Ashoka’s community in Belgium and that they have a keen eye for the details. In addition, we hope that they will be skilled at building strong relationships.
Impact Programme (45%):
- Support the Programme Manager in creating and launching the Impact programme
- Co-ordinate workshops and mentorship for Impact candidates
- Map and recruit potential mentors as well as Probono partners for the programme
- Supervise all logistics linked to the Impact programme
- Research and study potential innovations from the Venture pipeline (first reviews, bench marking, preparing interviews)
- Support the Programme Manager in writing all documents linked to the selection of Ashoka BE’s newest Fellow
- Grow the Venture pipeline through active research and networking
- Supervise all logistics linked to the Venture programme
- Support the team with database management on Salesforce
- Support the team with general admin.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record in producing high quality written materials (in at least 2 languages)
- Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Ability to represent Ashoka
- Proven interest for social entrepreneurship
Meet the Team
You’ll love working with the Ashoka Belgium team! We’re a bright, motivated group – who are determined to change the world. We’ll never forget your birthday and we’re always happy to hear your new ideas.
How to apply
Applications for this role will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We recommend applying as soon as possible, with a CV and cover letter, exclusively via email to Anne-Sophie Lecointre at firstname.lastname@example.org and at email@example.com . For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us at the same addresses.