Program Associate - Social Financial Services Program
Ashoka Social Financial Services (SFS) believes that markets can be a powerful tool to improve the character and quality of people’s lives. The work of Ashoka social entrepreneurs points to important patterns and powerful insights about how we can use markets to solve entrenched social problems. We are using what we learn from these innovations to begin to think about how to create a new economic architecture, one where economic advantage inherently creates social benefit.
We are looking for a dynamic person to join our team as a Program Associate and collaborate with us in beginning to create this new economic architecture. We are particularly interested in candidates who share our belief that markets play a critical role in improving that quality and character of people's lives. This full-time, 40 hours per week position is based at the Ashoka Global Office in Arlington, VA and includes benefits. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
Ashoka is comprised of entrepreneurs; people who have transformative ideas and a history of bringing these ideas to fruition. We expect each candidate will be prepared to provide a personal example of an innovative idea and how he or she put it in motion. In addition to demonstrated entrepreneurial qualities, candidates should posses the following qualifications and characteristics:
- 3-5 years experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in related field preferred; finance, business, and/or economics background a plus
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; Spanish or Portuguese skills a plus
- Knowledge of and passion for social entrepreneurship
- Life experiences in different cultural contexts a plus
- We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in fluid, dynamic environments and who can demonstrate:
- An entrepreneurial spirit showcasing problem-solving skills, tenacity, fearlessness and creativity in creating solutions
- Project management skills, including the ability to juggle and deliver on multiple work streams
- Facility with abstract concepts and comfort with thinking about and reasoning through big new ideas
- An ability to articulate and defend new ideas and express ideas clearly in writing
- Collaborative; courageous in offering new ideas and willing to ask big questions
We are building a team to develop and execute a new idea and anticipate that you will be a key part of our founding team. As such, you will have responsibility for the day-to-day management of multiple complex strategic initiatives by managing and meeting key stakeholder expectations and running the operational functions of the team which include finance and budgeting, human resource management, and team communications, and administrative duties as needed.
Click on the button below to apply by email to this opening. Please use the subject: SFS Program Associate. Don't forget to send the following details:
- Short cover letter (1 page) describing your entrepreneurial ability to bring a new and innovative idea to fruition, as well as a brief description of your interest in market-based innovation.
- Analytical writing sample (1-5 pages)