North America Network Manager with Ashoka Changemakers in Arlington, VA
About the Role
We seek a highly motivated, socially minded individual to help build a vibrant network of social innovators, partners, media partners, and other changemakers around Ashoka Changemakers’ main tools for community-building: challenges, online courses, social innovation mapping, and boot camps. The North America Network Manager will cultivate trusting relationships with peer organizations and increase collaboration among outstanding North American social innovators.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 years professional experience, working directly with groups of people from different backgrounds and seniority levels.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with experience working in a start-up environment or leading innovation projects inside of existing organizations.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, with a passion for social impact, community outreach, and community-building.
- Connections with relevant organizations in the U.S. and Canada working in the field of social innovation and social change would be terrific.
- A good grasp of social media is always helpful, and facility with programs like Microsoft Office and Google Drive is essential.
- Fluency in other languages (especially Spanish, French or Portuguese) a plus.
- Spearhead regional strategies to grow and engage the social innovation network in North America, for year-long engagements with funders like the Mastercard Foundation, Accenture, and the LEGO Foundation.
- Lead outreach to and involve social innovators developing groundbreaking work in sectors like education, health, economic inequality, and environmental sustainability
- Build databases, cultivate relationships, and expand a strong network of media and capacity-building partners in United States and Canada.
- Curate connections between social innovators, media partners, leading social enterprise organizations, and other players in the field in order to strengthen the regional ecosystem.
- Conduct research, meet with partner representatives, and occasionally organize or attend events in the field of social innovation to deepen your understanding of the field.
- Develop written marketing and outreach materials, working with our creative team, as needed.
- Collaborate directly with Ashoka colleagues as a core member of engagement teams—internalizing challenge themes, plotting network activation strategies, and piloting new activities in pursuit of greater social impact.
Interested in this particular role? Click on the button below to apply by email to this opening. Use the subject: Changemakers North America Network Manager describing why you are interested in this opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your CV.