Internship Opportunity with Executive in Residence Program in Arlington,VA
For decades, Ashoka has identified and supported social entrepreneurs around the world in the effort of changing broken systems for the better. The Ashoka Internship Program is designed to give students and recent grads a hands-on experience in a dynamic non-profit organization that is a leader in the sphere of social innovation. Interns will have the opportunity to work closely with an Ashoka team while also exploring Ashoka in general by taking on projects they are passionate about. Interns will get the chance to develop themselves professionally, meet Ashoka Fellows through brown-bag lunches and work closely with many members of Ashoka staff.
Executives in Residence Program
Executive in Residence is one of Ashoka’s signature global programs bridging the private and social sectors. In our interconnected world of accelerating change, business leaders, citizens and social entrepreneurs must collaborate across sectors effectively to solve large problems or benefit from new global opportunities that no one of them can successfully and sustainably do alone. Building these relationships – the mindset and skills to achieve them -- is key to advancing Ashoka’s core vision, an Everyone a Changemaker world—one in which people everywhere have the freedom and environment to make change in their communities.
With regards to the Executive in Residence Program, the intern will work on the following objectives:
· Enhance the program’s marketing and communications efforts by drafting and publishing articles, blogs, and case studies about the Executive in Residence program
· Evaluate EIR program website, and work with the Ashoka web team to development improvements
· Identify outlets, conferences and other opportunities for Executive in Residence to share success stories and best practices with the corporate community
· Identify potential partnership leads, and assist in developing materials that communicate EiR’s value proposition
· Strong writing and editorial skills
· Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
· Graphic design, and narrative creation is a plus
· Able to frame stories through the Ashoka lens
· Demonstrate knowledge of the innovation sector
· Exhibits exceptional interpersonal, writing and multi-tasking skills
· Possess a strong intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to take initiative
· Internship will take place at the Ashoka Global Office, located in Arlington, VA
· The internship is unpaid, but will introduce you to a global network of social innovators and those supporting it
· Candidate must be able to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week
Click on the button below to apply by email to this opening. Use the subject: EIR Internship Opportunity and describe why you are interested in this opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your CV.