Impact Programme and Education Intern
IMPACT PROGRAMME & EDUCATION VOLONTEER/ INTERN AT ASHOKA BELGIUM
Time commitment: Minimum 6 months, start as soon as possible (part time can be discussed)
Compensation: 6 months with cost reimbursement + possible extension of 6 months paid contract
Location: Ashoka Belgium’s office: Impact House, 39 rue Ducale, 1000 Brussels
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Belgium to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka Belgium.
Role and Responsibilities
Do you have an eye for the next big thing in social enterprise? Are you passionate about education?
As part of the team at Ashoka Belgium, we are bringing together Belgium’s most ambitious and effective changemakers. We’re working with the most innovative people on the frontline of social change.
- The Impact programme focuses upon supporting social entrepreneurs by providing them with network connections, strategic advice, communications and events support as well as helping them measure the impact of their work. Impact programme activities involve candidates’ relationship management, events and workshops organisation, community building, as well as impact measurement.
- The Education/Changemaker schools programme aims to catalyze changes throughout schools and the wider education system, so that every young person is provided with educational experiences that are explicitly designed to empower them to live for the common good.
Our new team member will ideally have experience in the social and/or education sector and a personal track record of taking the lead. We are looking for a skilled individual that can build strong relationships. We hope that you will be as excited as we are to build Ashoka’s programmes and that you have an eye for details.
1/ Impact Programme (50%):
- Support the Programme Manager in the execution and the tracking of the Impact Programme
- Co-ordinate events, workshops and meetings for Impact candidates and experts from the business sector
- Conduct research to improve the Impact Programme strategic offer
2/ Education (40%):
- Co-organise events : movie screenings and debates, peer-to-peer capacity building trainings, hackathons, Changemaker Schools selection panels…
- Develop Changemakers toolkits
- Support the Programme Manager with fundraising and partnership management
3/ Admin (10%):
- Support the team with database management on Salesforce
- Support the team with general administration
- Gain valuable project management skills for the non-profit sector
- Enjoy flexible working hours
- Meet leading social entrepreneurs from around the world, leading corporations and foundations and gain invaluable insights in the social enterprise sector
- Work in an international work environment
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record in producing high quality written materials (in at least 2 languages)
- Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Experience in the citizen sector, either as a social entrepreneur or a volunteer, trustee etc.
How to apply
Applications for this role will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We recommend applying as soon as possible, with a CV and cover letter, exclusively via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us at the same address.