Global Social Media Manager
Thirty-five years ago, Ashoka changed the framework of the social sector by introducing the idea that there is nothing more powerful than a bold, new idea in the hands of an exceptional entrepreneur.
We have built a fellowship of leading social entrepreneurs – people who catalyze an irreversible social change through an innovative idea and encourage others to do the same. Our network of Fellows is now over 3000 innovators strong and spans 85 countries. In addition, the field and profession of social entrepreneurship has grown into a global force.
Ashoka is aiming for its next paradigm shift: a world in which everyone can be a changemaker. We're assembling a team of entrepreneurs and builders around the world to help us get there. If this sounds like the kind of institution you want to help create, consider joining us.
Ashoka hires people who have been starting and transforming things all their lives, whether that’s a school newspaper, a large company, or a local movement. We have a compelling opportunity for doers and changemakers who are passionate about spotting new ideas and building entrepreneurial teams.
The Global Social Media Manager will engage the many communities that convene online on social media as well as blend the core Ashoka message with an offline Everyone a Changemaker movement. This individual would apply entrepreneural and creativity skills to be a social media innovator that can work with a decentralized global marketing team that spans from India to Europe to the US. This person must be based in the United States.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the entrepreneural grit to be a how-to person
- Have 7-12 years relevant work experience
- Dedication, follow-through, and a sense of humor
This role will involve:
- Media relationships/syndicates / Media pick up
- Understanding how to cultivate social media communities. Adding followers is not cultivation.
- Media production - punchy, informative, engaging ability for blog writing and dissemination across all media channels
- currently established and yet to be established; design component a plus
- Emphasis on coordinating efforts with team members to best articulate and convey key messaging from across Ashoka.
- Oversee, strategize, deploy, integrate project-focused, social media plans and adhere to media schedule.
- Work with key members at Ashoka globally to open up media channels with Ashoka local offices
- Develop and maintain media relationships on both macro level (global) & micro level (local)
- Cross-promote content for syndication partners/competition partners, etc.
- Reach the press: all tasks and assignments fall under media outreach, developing and writing content (or working with
- marketing team to create it) for media pickup and/or producing on other media properties for cross-promotion
- Research subject areas, fellows, relevant criteria to find relationships and tie-ins with likeminded sites and media properties, from key columnists to robust bloggers.
We are looking for someone with communications, journalism, international relations or related degree and are looking to take their next step by helping build an international and entrepreneurial organization during a time of unprecedented growth. The Global Social Media Manager will be based in Washington, DC and will start work ASAP.
If you’re reading this and this sounds like you, submit an application by clicking the button below.