EDUCATION TRAINEE AT ASHOKA BELGIUM
Time commitment: 1 year Internship as from Summer 2017
Compensation: 6 months €400 per month + 6 months with €750 per month
Location: Ashoka Belgium’s office: Impact House, 39 rue Ducale, 1000 Brussels
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Belgium to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka Belgium.
Ashoka is best known as the world’s largest network of systems changing social entrepreneurs. Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world that the solutions will outrun the problems. Launched in 1981, Ashoka has a network of over 3,500 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 250+ Changemaker Schools, and 35+ Changemaker Campuses - as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com. Ashoka is working with this network to educate and empower young people with the skills to create and drive positive solutions. Please check http://www.ashoka.org for more details.
Role and Responsibilities
Do you have an eye for the next big thing in social innovation? Are you passionate about education?
As part of the team at Ashoka Belgium, we are bringing together Belgium’s most ambitious and effective changemakers. We’re working with the most innovative people on the frontline of social change.
The Education/Changemaker schools programme aims to catalyze changes throughout schools and the wider education system, so that every young person is provided with educational experiences that are explicitly designed to empower them to live for the common good.
Our new team member will ideally have experience in the social and/or education sector and a personal track record of taking the lead. We are looking for a skilled individual that can build strong relationships. We hope that you will be as excited as we are to build Ashoka’s programmes and that you have an eye for details.
1/ Education (90%):
- Support the Programme Manager in the execution and the tracking of the Education Programme
- Co-organise events, workshops and meetings: movie screenings and debates, peer-to-peer capacity building trainings, Explorathons, Education Summit, …
- Develop Changemakers toolkits
- Support the Programme Manager with fundraising, partnership management and the creation of an Education Fund
- Support and organise the selection panels of new Ashoka Changemaker Schools in Belgium
2/ Admin (10%):
- Support the team with database management on Salesforce
- Support the team with general administration
- Gain valuable project management skills for the non-profit sector
- Enjoy flexible working hours
- Meet leading change leaders, Changemaker Schools, leading corporations and foundations and gain invaluable insights in the education landscape
- Work in an international work environment
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record in producing high quality written materials (in at least 2 languages)
- Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Interest for the education sector
Meet the Team
You’ll love working with the Ashoka Belgium team! We are a passionate, committed and motivated group – who are determined to change the world. We’ll never forget your birthday and we’re always happy to hear your ideas.
How to apply
We recommend applying as soon as possible, with a CV and cover letter, exclusively via email to Anne-Sophie Lecointre at email@example.com and at firstname.lastname@example.org . For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us at the same addresses.