Donor Research and Data Management Intern
Do you have a passion for knowledge and consider yourself a strategic thinker? Do you feel a burning desire to unleash your initiative and process orientation for social good? Are you interested in learning how nonprofit development works?
Ashoka is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical Donor Research and Data Management Intern for a 6-month high impact assignment (from March 6, 2017 - August 18, 2017). If you are an exceptional researcher (from any discipline) who has used your superb analytical mind and synthesis capability for the good, collaborated with partners and teams, understands the power of social entrepreneurship and are looking for the chance to make a difference, come join us. You will be part of an innovation-driven, achievement-oriented team that values each team member’s unique strengths and interests and exhibits uncompromising humility, inclusion and courage.
Support the person-centered individual giving strategy for Ashoka as we develop donor solutions that will result in increased revenue for Ashoka. Leverage your research ability to advance an Everyone a Changemaker world. Analyze the data, check your facts and arrive at practical courses of action to advance an Everyone a Changemaker world.
Working in concert with the Global Partnerships team, and reporting directly to Ashoka’s Director of Individual Giving, the Donor Research and Data Management Intern will:
- Track giving patterns to determine which candidates should be approached for major gifts, which deserve special attention or recognition
- Conduct current donor research via interviews and surveys to determine giving priorities
- Conduct prospect research
- Create donor personas and journey maps
- Research overall and nonprofit fundraising trends and benchmarks
- Pull and organize data for donor mailings
- Clean and maintain database
- Contribute to the overall analysis of organization wide data quality, providing suggestions on where we can improve
- Prepare donor and data reports for presentation to Ashoka’s CEO, President, Executive Team and Board of Directors to forecast revenue for budgeting and strategic guidance
- Create self-guided learning tools for staff and donors
- Provide additional team support as needed
The Donor Research and Data Management Intern should have a track record of supporting the conceptualization of new ideas in an inclusive manner that have resulted in a change in his/her environment. He/she should believe deeply in the power of social entrepreneurship and understand Ashoka’s Everyone A Changemaker™ vision. Successful candidates will possess most of the following skills and experience:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Marketing, Economics or related field
- A passion for knowledge and learning
- Analytical and concise writer
- Diligent and patient researcher, able to objectively identify trends and patterns
- Experience with or knowledge of survey design and/or distribution
- Exceptional follow through
- Exposure to stakeholder identification and ecosystem mapping
- High level of problem solving and organizational management
- Ability to identify gaps in knowledge and identify issues and solutions
- Flexible and self-directed, possessing a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Salesforce (or other CRM/Systems) administrator experience preferred, but not required
- Understanding of fundraising strategies and tools a plus
This position is open at Global Headquarters in Arlington, VA and requires a minimum of 15 hours/week, although 30 hours/week is preferred. Our goal is to ensure every intern has an excellent professional development experience. We regret that we can only offer unpaid internships at this time. If you are inspired by the vision of Ashoka and its rich network, please send your resume, writing sample and brief cover note to email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm on February 10, 2017.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, we may not be able to respond to every application. Thank you for your interest!