Digital Communications Intern
Ashoka’s Integrated Technology Initiative (ITI) - based in the global headquarters office in Arlington, VA - is excited to announce an immediate opening for a fall internship beginning in November 2016. The Digital Communications Intern will work 15-20 hours per week and will support ITI in the development of communications strategies across our digital properties.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a quick thinker who is organized and passionate about the non-profit/citizen sector. A desire to learn, accept constructive criticism, and be proactive is vital to success in this role.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creating and distributing a digital communications survey;
- Analyzing survey results and generating a comprehensive report detailing observations and recommendations;
- Collecting and analyzing detailed statistics about Ashoka’s digital communications platforms;
- Documenting and distributing user-steps and best practices for website content management.
- Experience with survey development and data analysis;
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of MS Suite and social media applicationsl
- Knowledge of graphic design principles and software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) a plus;
- Demonstrated experience in digital communications and marketing, preferably within the nonprofit space.