COMMUNICATIONS TRAINEE AT ASHOKA BELGIUM
Time commitment: 1 year-internship, as from Summer 2017
Compensation: 6 months with €400 per month + 6 months with €750 per month
Location: Ashoka Belgium’s office: Impact House, 39 rue Ducale, 1000 Brussels
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Belgium to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka Belgium.
Ashoka is best known as the world’s largest network of systems changing social entrepreneurs. Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world that the solutions will outrun the problems. Launched in 1981, Ashoka has a network of over 3,500 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 250+ Changemaker Schools, and 35+ Changemaker Campuses - as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com. Ashoka is working with this network to educate and empower young people with the skills to create and drive positive solutions. Please check http://www.ashoka.org for more details.
Role and Responsibilities
Do you live in the digital sphere? Are you the first to hear about the next big thing in social enterprise? We are looking for a tech savvy, creative Communications Trainee to join our team at Ashoka BE. We’d love to hear from you if you love social entrepreneurship, education and innovation, and we’re keen to find someone to provide ongoing core support to all aspects of Ashoka’s internal and external communications and events.
This role will be working on Ashoka BE’s key communications campaigns, helping with marketing materials, organising events, as well as interacting with our international and Belgian Fellows and Changemaker Schools. We’re looking for someone who will relish the opportunity to work with Ashoka’s valuable wider network of system changing entrepreneurs.
Our new team mate will ideally have experience in the social sector and a personal track record of taking the lead. We hope that they will be as excited as we are to build Ashoka’s community in Belgium and that they have a keen eye for the details. In addition, we hope that they will be skilled at building strong relationships.
Media and Communications (90%):
- Create integrated media campaigns, on topics ranging from youth entrepreneurship, to social innovation, to business alliances, to online competitions with corporate partners
- Design and develop marketing materials for all Ashoka’s work and programmes
- Support with content copywriting, editing and syndicating on Ashoka BE’s website
- Oversee the daily Social Media calendar: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube
- Source and curate rich content for Ashoka’s social media channels, e.g. video, image and audio content
- Engage the team in our communications efforts, working collegially within Belgium and Europe
- Support in all Ashoka BE’s events in terms of media, communications and marketing
- Supervise all logistics linked to Communications and Marketing
- Support the team with database management on Salesforce
- Support the team with general admin
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluent in English, Dutch and French
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress and Social Media
- Demonstrated track record in producing high quality written materials (in at least 2 languages)
- Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Experience in the citizen sector, either as a social entrepreneur or a volunteer, trustee etc.
Meet the Team
You’ll love working with the Ashoka Belgium team! We’re a bright, motivated group – who are determined to change the world. We’ll never forget your birthday and we’re always happy to hear your new ideas.
How to apply
Applications for this role will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We recommend applying as soon as possible, with a CV and cover letter, exclusively via email to Anne-Sophie Lecointre at email@example.com and at firstname.lastname@example.org . For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us at the same addresses.