ASHOKA UNIVERSITY SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Ashoka U is looking for fun, dedicated, innovative summer interns to work in the Ashoka Global office. We seek full-time interns (40 hours per week) for a minimum duration of 10 weeks. Applications are open on a rolling basis.
About the Role:
Ashoka U interns join the seven Ashoka U staff as key members of the Ashoka U team. They will work closely with the team and have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative group environment.
In addition, interns have responsibility for a specific project. Previous years, projects have included: developing PR and marketing plan for the Ashoka U Exchange, developing content for students at the Ashoka U Exchange, working on developing partnership opportunities for students to work with Ashoka Fellows, fundraising research and opportunity spotting, and designing and implementing a census for social innovation in higher education. Interns spend approximately 70% of their time on individual projects, 20% of time on Ashoka U team projects, and 10% of time on Ashoka-wide collaborations.
Interns will be located in the Ashoka Global Office in Arlington, VA (although we are willing to consider a virtual role). Unfortunately, we are unable to offer financial compensation for internships.
Are you a good fit for Ashoka U? For all Ashoka U internship roles, we hope the following describes you:
- Passion for and knowledge of higher education and social entrepreneurship
- Excellent writer (please carefully proof-read your materials before sending!)
- Dedicated focus on execution, while highly detail-oriented and committed to excellence
- Empathetic and effective relationship-builder with a deep understanding of the high-value of social capital
- A good listener who is humble and eager to learn
- A dedicated team player, who will be resourceful and do what it takes to get any job done well
- Previous office or professional experience preferred
How To Apply:
- Your resume
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in higher education
- Three specific questions you have about Ashoka U
Click on the button below to apply by email to this opening. Please use the subject: Ashoka U Internship.