Africa Knowledge and Communications Manager (Consultant)
Location: Arlington, VA
Reports to: Africa Diamond Integrator
We seek a highly motivated, socially minded individual to help track and showcase the impact of the Ashoka network in Africa. The Africa Knowledge and Communications Manager will help to centrally coordinate the knowledge management and communications output of our four regional offices in Africa (Nairobi, Dakar, Lagos, and Johannesburg) . This position is 50% communications and 50% impact and knowledge assessment. This is a six-month position based in Ashoka's Global office in Arlington, VA. Renewal is contingent on funding.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years professional experience, working directly with groups of people from different backgrounds and seniority levels.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with experience working in a start-up environment or leading innovation projects inside of existing organizations.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, with a passion for social impact, community outreach, and community-building.
- Experience working in monitoring and evaluation, impact assessment and/or developing knowledge products (reports, marketing materials, etc.).
- A good grasp of social media and facility with programs like Microsoft Office and Google Drive is essential.
- Experience working and living in an African country.
- Fluency in French a plus.
- Working with the Africa Diamond Leader and Integrator, develop tools for continual assessment and feedback from program beneficiaries and partners.
- Oversee and support the production of knowledge materials such as annual and impact reports for our regional Africa offices.
- With local offices, work to develop new content for [[http:Ashoka.org|Ashoka.org]].
- Develop written marketing and outreach materials as needed.
- Lead the planning of communications and knowledge dissemination plans for the Africa region.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of network databases with the aim of expanding Ashoka's visibility and reach in new regions of Africa.
- Curate connections between social innovators, media partners, leading social enterprise organizations, and other players in the field in order to strengthen the regional ecosystem.
- Work with the Global Communications Team to ensure alignment of messaging.
Interested in this role? Apply for or nominate someone by emailing email@example.com with subject line "Africa Knowledge and Communications Manager." A brief cover letter with resume is preferred.