Africa Development Manager (Consultant)
Location: Arlington, VA
Reports to: Africa Diamond Integrator
We seek a highly motivated, socially minded individual to develop new partnerships and manage regional teams in support of Ashoka's work in Africa. The Africa Development Manager will help to centrally coordinate the fundraising and pipeline development for Ashoka Africa and support the partnerships development activities of our four regional offices in Africa (Nairobi, Dakar, Lagos, and Johannesburg). This is a six-month position based in Ashoka's Global office in Arlington, Virginia. Renewal is contingent on funding.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years professional experience, working directly with groups of people from different backgrounds and seniority levels.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with experience working in a start-up environment or leading innovation projects inside of existing organizations.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, with a passion for social impact, community outreach, and community-building.
- Experience grant-writing for non-profits.
- An understanding of CRM software and experience managing databases.
- A good grasp of social media and facility with programs like Microsoft Office and Google Drive is essential.
- Experience living or working in Africa.
- Fluency in French a plus.
- Support efforts to cultivate, steward and expand relationships between Ashoka and the individuals, families, foundations and companies who support our work, through compelling communications and exemplary client relations service.
- Serve as main point of contact for partners and inquiring potential partners.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Africa Integrator and Africa Diamond Leader to inspire and coordinate cross-team partnership and fundraising across Ashoka (through pipeline and proposal development).
- Coordinate with Ashoka Africa staff (through development and dissemination of resources and tools) to develop a system for pipeline management.
- Plan and manage events to showcase Ashoka Africa's work.
- Lead fundraising efforts through the development of proposals and budgets.
Interested in this role? Apply for or nominate someone by emailing email@example.com with subject line "Africa Development Manager." A brief cover letter with resume is preferred.