Ashoka’s Executive in Residence program fosters high-impact collaborations between corporate executives and leading social entrepreneurs that have the potential to change the dynamics of traditional markets, enhance competitiveness, and create systemic social impact.
Through the Executive in Residence program, corporate executives work on-site with leading social entrepreneurs around the world for a period of two weeks up to six months. During this time with the social entrepreneur, the executive tackles a challenge that is critical to the social entrepreneur’s ability to scale-up their impact. Simultaneously, by working with the world’s leading social innovators, the executives bring back lessons learned about new innovations, emerging markets, and leadership techniques. At the end of their on-site placement, the executive and social entrepreneur continue to collaborate virtually together and have the opportunity to create shared value partnerships for their organizations.
"On a personal level, I wanted to be involved in doing social good. On a professional level, I wanted to get a better understanding of the business of health. This project gave me the opportunity to do both and get an initial view into both these worlds."
– Rajeev Sukumaran, Boehringer Ingelheim
Why Partner with Us
- Unparalleled Global Network: By partnering with Ashoka’s Executive in Residence program, your company will gain access to the largest global network of 3,000+ leading social entrepreneurs in more than 90 countries—social entrepreneurs who have a deep and unique understanding of the world’s most dynamic emerging markets.
- Access to Leading-Edge Innovation: Your company’s leaders will work alongside Ashoka Fellows—social entrepreneurs selected to the Ashoka Fellowship for their unprecedented, systemic solutions in fields such as education, economic development, healthcare, environmental protection, and human rights. Executive in Residence participants will experience firsthand how these social entrepreneurs use new technologies, robust community networks, and innovative methods to solve systemic social problems on a continental scale.
- Exponential Social Impact: For more than 30 years, Ashoka Fellows around the world have shifted societal perceptions, encouraged new behavior patterns, and revolutionized entire fields. By working with an Ashoka Fellow on a well-defined, high-impact project, Executive in Residence participants are not only making a difference now, they are contributing to lasting change that will positively impact the world for generations to come.
- Opportunity for Shared Value: The Executive in Residence program facilitates customized placements that are a good match for the Ashoka Fellow, the executive’s skill set, and your company’s strategic interests. Together, these factors lay the groundwork for the participants to realize shared value opportunities for your company.
- Proven Experience: Ashoka partners with companies in various sectors, including Boehringer Ingelheim and Western Union, and has more than 25 years’ experience facilitating meaningful pro bono opportunities for executives at McKinsey & Company, Latham & Watkins LLP, Hill & Knowlton Strategies, and other leading corporate citizens.
Join Our Network
The Executive in Residence program creates partnerships with leading corporations that want to infuse their leadership with innovative new ideas. If you are a senior executive, head of leadership development, or responsible for talent development initiatives at your company, we would love to work with you to develop innovative programs to enhance those objectives. To contact us, simply click on the Get In Touch Button below, and tell us more about who you are and the company you represent.
Are you neither a senior executive nor a human resources representative, but would like to see the EiR program become a part of your organization's leadership development offering? We encourage you to get in touch with us to learn more about how your organization can get involved. In the meantime, please consider other ways to get involved with Ashoka and its world-class network.