You are using Ashoka’s recruiting service (the “Service”) either to apply for a job with us or with one of our partner organizations (each referred to as an “Ashoka Partner” and, the Ashoka Partner together with Ashoka, referred to as “we” or “our”).
1. Information we collect
We will collect certain data which directly or indirectly identifies you (“Personal Data”) in connection with your use of the Service. Such Personal Data may include:
- name, address and contact information;
- previous work experience, educational qualifications and any other information provided by you while using the Service (for example, in a CV or cover letter);
- information obtained through background checks (to the extent permitted by the applicable law);
- the results of any questionnaires that you agree to take;
- compensation requirements; or
- the contact details of any referees and the information those referees provide.
We may collect your Personal Data from you directly or from third parties. For example, we may collect Personal Data from recruiters in relation to a background check or from referees or others as part of a reference check.
You will be given the opportunity to consent where we intend to collect sensitive Personal Data. Sensitive Personal Data may include:
· race or ethnic origin; and
· details about criminal history from background checks (to the extent permitted by the applicable law).
2. How we use the Personal Data we collect
We collect Personal Data to identify and evaluate candidates for positions, determine your qualifications for employment, verify the information you have provided, conduct background checks (to the extent permitted by the applicable law), create an employment record and for compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
With your consent, Ashoka will use your Personal Data to send you information that we think will be relevant to you, including newsletters and marketing information, from ourselves and selected partners in the Ashoka network.
If your application is unsuccessful, we may retain your Personal Data so that we can send you information about other positions within the Ashoka network, provided you consent to such use for up to twelve (12) months from your agreement to this consent. If you change your mind and no longer prefer to be considered for other positions, please contact email@example.com. We will retain your Personal Data to defend ourselves against legal claims and for other legal or tax purposes, as well as for purposes in connection to your employment (e.g., the maintenance of an employment record).
Ashoka may also use the Personal Data we collect to improve the Service and to ensure content from the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device; administer the Service and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; or keep the Service safe and secure.
3. How we share your Personal Data with third parties
Ashoka operates globally and your Personal Data may be shared with third parties in other countries, in particular the U.S., for the purpose of providing the Service.
We may share your information with our service providers, including our outsourced Service hosting platform, so that they can perform services on our behalf. We require our service providers to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
In some circumstances, you may be unsuccessful in applying for a position, but you may be interested in applying for a position with another Ashoka Partner. If this is the case, Ashoka may contact you with links to these other opportunities so you can decide whether to apply.
We may share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organizations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We may also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case transferred assets will include information held by us about our users.
The Service is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from such children. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, we will make all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft and authorized use, access or modification.
6. Your Rights
You have the right to access the Personal Data that we hold about you. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you also have the right to request the correction or deletion of your Personal Data and to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used, machine-readable format. You can exercise these rights by contacting us email@example.com. We may refuse your request for correction or deletion of your Personal Data where its retention is necessary, for example in the context of a legal dispute or as required by law.
7. Where we store your Personal Data
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of your country and the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, for one of our suppliers or one of our business partners. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
8. Contact Us
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our use of your Personal Data, or would like to request access to, or correction and deletion of, your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: April 28th, 2017