We are thrilled to announce that Ashoka Bangladesh is looking for the fourth cohort of Youth Venturers.
We are searching for a teenager who demonstrates the core changemakers skills while incubating an idea, taking initiative, and cultivating positive change through collaboration.
Ashoka Bangladesh supports teen changemaker from all regions and sectors in Bangladesh to expand their networks, cultivate their wellbeing, learn from one another, and collaborate together to amplify the positive impact of their individual ventures. Finally, it will allow participants to join an inspiring community of Youth Venturers in Bangladesh.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A Youth Venture changemaker is any teenager who demonstrates the core skills of changemaking while incubating an idea, taking initiative, and cultivating positive change through collaboration.
We believe that our Youth Venturers are going to be co-leaders of the movement towards Everyone a Changemaker world. Our YV’s are critical thinkers and problem solvers. They have grit, courage and set high expectations for themselves and for others actively Influencing others to be Changemakers
We look for diversity in our cohort, and our Youth Venturers come from across the country, with varying levels of experience. If you are interested in joining the community, apply now.
OUR SELECTION PROCESS
Each year Ashoka Bangladesh receives hundreds of applications which our internal selection team reviews during Stage 1. Qualifying applicants are then sent onto Stage 2 where they will be invited to attend a 30-minute phone interview with one of our team members on the internal selection panel committee. Qualifying applicants then enter Stage 3 where the committee - consisting of a two Youth Venturers, 3 staff members and 1 expert within our global network - sits together to discuss the work and raise further questions. After review, if questions are unanswered then another phone call or in-person interview are done. After the second interview, the selection committee makes the final selections of the applicants to enter the final stage.
The final stage applicants are invited to pitch their ideas at the selection panel in Dhaka. The panel comprises of social entrepreneurs, prominent young changemakers, media influencers and other leaders in their respective fields of work. The applicants present their idea/venture followed by a question and answer session.
This is a highly selective and fully funded program. Through the 3 staged process detailed above, we select the highest potential candidates into the selection panel. All applicants to the Youth Venture program are screened and evaluated by a based on the criteria described below:
- Age 12-20 (at time of the Panel, November 2018)
- Founder of their own project or organization - should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem. We are unable to accept applicants with an idea only or who are volunteering for an organization.
- Involves a strong team
- Already achieving tangible results
- Has the capability to influence others - Irrespective of the size or location, the venture should have a capacity to inspire other young people and individuals. The applicants should have demonstrated influence on others or they should aspire to inspire other young people
- Ethical standards- The applicants should demonstrate trustworthiness and honesty that comforts and reassures others.
This programme will help them scale their ventures and develop themselves as leaders for driving social change.
- Being selected as a Youth Venturer gives them access to Ashoka’s global network of leaders in the social sector.
- One year of support through capacity building workshops to scale their ventures
- They receive custom-tailored mentorship Ashoka and partner organizations
- A sense of belonging to be a part of the community of teen changemakers in Bangladesh
- They get to amplify their work and story through our global platform
- Travel and accommodation costs fully covered in any engagements.